The properties of elements of the second period resemble with the element of the third period. These resembled properties between two periods or this type of relationship between two periods are called diagonal relationships.
Factual info (without considering radioactive elements)
- Second most electronegative element–Oxygen
- Hydrogen is the lightest element and Lithium is the lightest metal.
- Helium has the highest value of I.P.
- In the periodic table, metalloids are only in the p-block.
- Total gaseous elements are 11 (He, Ne, Ar, Kr, Xe, Rn, H2, N2, O2, Cl2, F2)
- Liquid metal is – Hg.
- Diamond is the hardest natural substance.
- Halogens have the highest electron affinity and Cl has the highest among them.
- The largest cation of the periodic table = Cs+.
- The smallest cation of the periodic table = H+.
- The largest monovalent anion of the periodic table = I–.
- The smallest anion of the periodic table = F–.
- The biggest element of the periodic table = Fr.
- The smallest element of the periodic table = H.
- Br is a liquid non-metal element.
- Osmium is the heaviest element known.
- Fluorine is the most electronegative element.
To know more – https://youtu.be/W-oyWNljMCM
Graphical Representation of Periodic Properties
2. IONIZATION ENERGY