We all face the critical time of COVID-19, and we have also seen the world stop its growth and lives getting stuck. After such a dangerous case, nowadays, people are not only looking for doctors but also for biotechnology specialists who are believed to make life better.
Therefore, it is an excellent option to see a career scope in studying Biotechnology, and the best institution to do so is IITs. To enter these institutions to study biotechnology, you have to opt for IIT JAM Biotechnology as your subject.
Before you embark on your path toward obtaining a biotechnology degree, consider if you are interested in subjects like Mathematics, Technology, Biology, and Chemistry. If yes, we are here to provide comprehensive insights into every crucial facet of the IIT JAM Biotechnology 2024 exam.
Scope of IIT JAM Biotechnology Exam: Exploring Opportunities
There are many good reasons for students to choose IIT JAM Biotechnology. The scope of biotechnology is expected to grow, offering great career opportunities. Science is advancing rapidly to create technologies that help people. So, pursuing a career in Biotechnology is an intelligent choice for the future.
- It provides a Strong Educational Foundation and teaches you about the new technologies in biotechnology.
- The scope of the biotechnology course is vast. Many different courses are available, giving you a lot of chances to grow in your career after finishing your studies at the top biotechnology college in India after clearing the IIT JAM Biotechnology exam.
- The future looks promising for biotechnology course. You can improve your career opportunities by selecting the right sector (public or private) that matches your interests and skills.
- A skilled person in Biotechnology can help in pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, cell biology, gene therapy, farming, environment, and more.
- Those interested in biotechnology have many career paths to explore. Countless opportunities are increasing. You could become a biochemist, biomedical engineer, clinical technician, and more.
IIT JAM Biotechnology Eligibility 2024: Requirements and Criteria
Before knowing the IIT JAM Biotechnology Eligibility 2024, let’s understand the Conducting authority of the IIT JAM Exam 2024. This year the exam will be conducted by the Indian Institute Of Technology Madras (IIT Madras).
You must have a bachelor’s degree in science to be eligible for the IIT JAM Biotechnology exam. This rule for educational criteria applies to both Indian and foreign aspirants. The admitting institutes will make the final decision. There is no age limit for applying for the exam, so you can apply if you follow the educational qualification criteria.
As per the revised eligibility criteria, if a candidate has passed the qualification exam with just a passing grade, they can apply. You can see further details if you need clarification about the IIT JAM Eligibility criteria for Biotechnology.
An Overview Eligibility for IIT JAM Biotechnology
|Nationality||Indian or Foreign Nationals|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Respective Subjects|
IIT JAM Biotechnology Eligibility Criteria – Nationality
If you talk about the nationality criteria, let me tell you that both Indian Citizens and Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply and participate in the IIT JAM Biotechnology exam.
IIT JAM Biotechnology Eligibility Criteria – Educational Qualification
|Course Details||Educational Qualification|
|M.Sc (Biotechnology)||Candidates with Graduation in any subject or branch are eligible for applying for the IIT JAM Biotechnology exam.|
|M.Sc – PhD in Dual Degree in Environmental Science and Engineering||Candidates with Graduation in any one of the subjects such as Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology for two years or four semesters and also any one of the other four subjects for at least two semesters or one year.|
|Joint M.Sc PhD (Molecular Medical Microbiology)||Candidates should have a B.Sc or BS with subjects such as Botany or Biology or Biotechnology or Life Science or Zoology or Microbiology or Physiology as major subject and any one of the subjects such as Mathematics or Chemistry or Physics as a compulsory subsidiary subject for at least 2 semesters or 1 year.|
IIT JAM Biotechnology Eligibility Criteria – Number Of Attempts
There is no restriction on the number of attempts a candidate can make. All individuals who satisfy the educational eligibility requirements defined for the IIT JAM exam are welcome to undertake the test as often as they desire.
IIT JAM Biotechnology Eligibility Criteria – Medical
If candidates have trouble with colors (color blindness) or special features, they can’t apply for the IIT JAM exam. Candidates with disabilities (PwD) can apply only if they can walk independently in the field for fieldwork.
IIT JAM Biotechnology Eligibility Criteria – CCMN Counselling
After passing the IIT JAM exam, you can join NIT. But to get into the Admission Institute, you must meet CCMN qualifications. For the CCMN counseling process, general, EWS, and OBC candidates should have at least a 60% overall score, while SC, ST, and PwD candidates need a 55% overall score.
Eligibility For IIT JAM Biotechnology – Important Notes
As you now understand entirely the eligibility criteria for applying for the biotechnology exam, you should also have to consider the following points. This will help you learn about the facts and figures before applying.
- The requirements for passing the JustPass qualification test have been made more accessible.
- Before applying for the 2022 IIT JAM Biotechnology exam, carefully read the eligibility criteria.
- Previously, candidates from the General, OBC, and EWS categories needed to score at least 55% in the proficiency test (covering all subjects and languages for three years), while affiliated candidates required 50%. SC, PwD, and ST candidates needed 50%.
- Earlier, General, OBC, and EWS candidates needed an average of 5.5 CGPA, while SC, PwD, and ST candidates needed 5.0 out of 10.
- Foreigners with Indian degrees can apply for the IIT JAM Biotechnology Examination following Admissions Authority guidelines.
- Candidates should have a doctor-signed fitness certificate for admission. Some universities also require candidates to take a physical aptitude test.
- The requirements for getting into IIT JAM Biotechnology can differ based on the courses offered by different universities and institutes.
- To be able to take the IIT JAM Biotechnology exam, candidates need to have a bachelor’s degree in their field.
- If you’re applying for a degree, you should submit your proficiency test scores on time. Follow the agency’s rules to avoid getting admitted.
- The JAM committee can reject a candidate’s application for admission if they find that the candidate didn’t follow their rules.
IIT JAM Biotechnology Syllabus 2024 – Topics, Subtopics and Weightage
When you start preparing for the exam, you must know the syllabus for IIT JAM Biotechnology. It is a must for every aspirant to focus on critical and high-scoring topics during their preparation. Some changes are always made to the syllabus by the official authorities.
The IIT JAM Syllabus 2024 is divided into four parts. To clarify your confusion, we are providing the revised syllabus for IIT JAM Biotechnology, including the Weightage.
IIT JAM Biotechnology Syllabus for Biology (10+2+3 Level) – This part carries 44% Weightage
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Plant Biology
- Animal Biology
- Methods in Biology
IIT JAM Biotechnology Syllabus for Chemistry (10+2+3 Level) – This part carries 20% Weightage
- Structure and Properties of Atoms
- Bonding in molecules
- Chemical kinetics, thermodynamics, and equilibrium
- Physical and chemical properties of compounds
- Chemistry of organic compounds
- Instrumental techniques
IIT JAM Biotechnology Syllabus for Mathematics (10+2+3 Level) – This part carries 18% Weightage
- Relations and Functions
- Mathematical Induction
- Complex numbers
- Linear and Quadratic equations
- Sequences and Series
- Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates
- Straight Lines and Family
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Permutations and Combinations
- Binomial Theorem; Vectors
- Matrices and Determinants
- Boolean Algebra
- Limits and Continuity
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Application of Derivatives
- Integration as the inverse process of differentiation
- Definite and indefinite integrals
- Methods of Integration
- Integration by parts
IIT JAM Biotechnology Syllabus for Physics (10+2+3 Level) – This part carries 18% Weightage
- Units and measurements
- Motion in one and two dimensions
- Laws of Motion
- Work and kinetic energy
- Conservation of energy
- System of particles and rotational motion
- Mechanical properties of solids and fluids
- Thermal properties of matter
- Heat and laws of thermodynamics
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Electric charge and field
- Electric potential and capacitance
- Current, resistance, and simple circuits
- Moving charges and magnetic field
- Magnetism and Matter
- Electromagnetic induction
- Electromagnetic waves
- Alternating currents
- Optics: Geometrical Optics – Reflection by spherical mirrors, Refraction at spherical surfaces and lenses, Total internal reflection, and Optical instruments
- Wave optics – Reflection and refraction of plane waves, Interference, Diffraction, Polarization, and Young’s experiment: Dual nature of radiation and matter
- Atoms, nuclei, and nuclear physics
- Semiconductor materials, devices, and simple circuits
This was a short introduction to your biotechnology IIT JAM syllabus. You can always get a detailed syllabus version from the official site.
IIT JAM Biotechnology Books – Best Study Material
If your aim as an IIT JAM aspirant is to achieve a high rank and succeed in the exam, the leading thinks you should first choose the suitable IIT JAM study material. We at VedPrep, always want our students to get success with flying colors in their respective subjects. We work as a team to provide the best study material to help you quickly clear your doubts and questions.
Here are glimpses if you want to know what study materials we make you available. Please have a look.
- IIT JAM Biotechnology Syllabus PDF
- IIT JAM Biotechnology Previous Year Paper
- IIT JAM Biotechnology Answer Key 2020
- IIT JAM Biotechnology Notes PDF (Sample)
- Proper Study Plan For Biotechnology Exam
- Expert Guidance For Your Preparation
- Demo Class For Your Assurance
Best Books For IIT JAM Biotechnology Exam Preparation (Suggested)
Candidates should also refer to some IIT JAM Biotechnology best books to gather the desired result in the respective exam. If you are looking for advice, here we suggest some best books for the IIT JAM biotechnology exam.
IIT JAM Biotechnology Books For Biology
|IIT JAM Exam Topic||Books to Read for IIT JAM Biotechnology Paper||Author|
|Biochemistry||Biochemistry||Donald Voet & Judith G Voet|
|Principles of Biochemistry||Lehninger|
|Cell Biology||Cell and Molecular Biology -Concepts and Experiments||John Wiley & Sons, Inc., USA|
|Molecular Biology||Molecular Biology of the Gene||James D Watson, Tania A Baker, Stephen P Bell, Alexander Gann, Michael Levine & Richard Losick|
|Molecular Biology of the Cell||Bruce Alberts, Alexander Johnson, Julian Lewis, Martin Raff, Keith Roberts, Peter Walter|
|Molecular cloning||Sambrook & Russel|
|Microbiology||Microbiology||Lansing M Prescott, John P Harley & Donald A Klein|
|Physiology||Principles of anatomy physiology||Gerard J Tortora & Bryan Derrickson|
|Botany||A Text Book of Botany||Annie Ragland, V Kumaresan & N Arumugam|
|Genetics||Principles of Genetics||Gardner, Simmons & Snustad|
|Immunology||Immunology||Richard A Golds, Thomas J Kindt, Barbara A Osborne & Janis Kuby|
|General Biology, Ecology and Evolution||Campbell Biology||Lisa A Urry, Michael L Cain, Steven A Wasserman, Peter V Minorsky & Jane B Reece|
|Developmental Biology||Scott F Gilbert|
IIT JAM Biotechnology Books For Chemistry
|Name of Book||Author|
|Organic Chemistry||OP Agrawal|
|Reaction & Recovery of Chemicals||SN Sanyal|
|A guide book to Mechanism in Organic Chemistry||Peter Sykes|
IIT JAM Biotechnology Books For Mathematics
|Name of Book||Author|
|Principles of Mathematical Analysis||Rudin W|
|Differential Calculus||Gorakh Prasad|
|An Introduction to Probability and Statistics||Rohatgi, VK & Saleh|
|Elementary Linear Algebra||H Anton|
|Calculus by MJ Strauss, GL Bradley||KJ Smith|
IIT JAM Biotechnology Books For Physics
|Name of Book||Author|
|Fundamentals of vibration & waves||S P Puri (Tata McGraw Hill)|
|Concepts of Physics||H. C. Verma|
|Concepts of Modern Physics||A. Beiser|
|Properties of matter & Acoustics||R. Murugeshan & K. Shivaprasath|
List Of IIT JAM Biotechnology Colleges
MSc Biotechnology is a two-year postgraduate course with four semesters. It focuses on using biological systems to create valuable engineering, medicine, and technology products. This program provides advanced knowledge for making valuable items from living organisms.
India has around 40 leading MSc Biotechnology colleges, with 25 in the Private sector and 13 in the Public sector. Here we are giving of the list you famous IIT JAM biotechnology colleges.
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Indian Institute Of Technology Delhi
- Indian Institute Of Technology Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram
- Indian Institute Of Technology Madras
- Indian Institute Of Technology Indore
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Science Bengaluru
- National Institute of Technology Durgapur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad
- Indian Institute Of Technology Gandhinagar
- Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur
- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
- Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) Varanasi
- Indian Institute Of Technology Mandi
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal, Telangana
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut
- Visvesvaraya National Institute Of Technology
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
- National Institute of Technology Karnataka Surathkal
- National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
- B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology Jalandhar
- National Institute of Technology Agartala
- NIT Trichy: OJAS
- National Institute Of Technology Sikkim
- Indian Institute Of Technology Palakkad
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune
Strategies for Effective Preparation: IIT JAM Biotechnology 2024
IIT JAM is a challenging entrance exam in India. To prepare well, you need innovative strategies, not just hard work. Therefore, here we are giving you some essential but important IIT JAM Biotechnology preparation tips.
- Know the Exam Setup:Before you start, understand how the exam works. Learn about the time, question count, and how they’re The IIT JAM Biotechnology exam has 60 questions and lasts for 3 hours.
- Make a Study Plan:Plan your studies to cover everything and have time for revision. Divide the topics into sections, give each topic enough time, and remember to include review sessions.
- Get Good Study Materials:Choose the right books and online resources to help you understand concepts better. Some recommended books are “Biochemistry” by Jeremy M. Berg, “Immunology” by Kuby, and “Molecular Biology of the Cell” by Alberts.
- Practice Previous Year Questions:Solving previous years’ questions shows the pattern and difficulty level. It helps find areas that need more work.
- Take Practice Tests:Mock tests help you see how well you They reveal your weak points and show where you need to improve. They also enable manage time better. For quality coaching, check out Physics Wallah.
- Review Often: Revisiting topics helps keep the information fresh in your mind.
- Stay Healthy:Remember, health matters too. Take breaks, exercise, eat well, and keep your body and mind in good shape.
Stay focused, work steadily, and best of luck with your IIT JAM Biotechnology exam!
FAQs Related to IIT JAM Biotechnology Exam 2024
There are always some common queries that aspirants ask or search on Google for correct answers. We have compiled them here in one place so that you may only need to go elsewhere to find solutions.
Que 1. Who is eligible for Biotechnology in IIT JAM?
Ans 1. Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Science, Engineering, or Technology.
Que 2. Is IIT JAM Biotechnology tough?
Ans 2. Biotechnology is a part of the IIT JAM exam. The difficulty level differs from aspirant to aspirant.
Que 3. What is IIT JAM for MSc Biotechnology?
Ans 3. If you’re interested in studying Biotechnology at the master’s level, you can think about taking the IIT JAM 2023 exam. The IITs organize this exam on a rotating basis. Through IIT JAM, you can get into MSc and integrated Ph.D. programs at IITs.
Que 4. Which IIT is best for Biotechnology?
Ans 4. Some of the top Biotechnology Colleges in India include IIT Madras, IIT Delhi, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Roorkee, and more. Biotechnology is available with various specializations at many Higher Education Institutions in India. You’ll find over 400 Biotechnology Colleges in India offering postgraduate courses.
Que 5. What is the salary of IIT MSc Biotechnology?
Ans 5. About 90% of students usually find job placements each year. The highest salary package can be as high as 1.28 crore per year, while the lowest can be around 6 LPA. Some significant companies hiring graduates include Apple, Microsoft, and Amazon.
Que 6. How many seats are there in IIT JAM for Biotechnology?
Ans 6. There are 35 seats in IIT Bombay and 15 seats in IIT Indore.
Que 7. Is Biotechnology from IIT a promising career?
Ans 7. Getting a B.Tech in Biotechnology from an IIT offers many advantages. You’ll receive a top-notch education, gain prestige, access great research chances, find good job options, build industry connections, get practical experience, and even explore opportunities abroad.
Que 8. What rank is required for Biotechnology?
Ans 8. To secure a B.Tech in biotechnology seat through KCET, your rank should ideally be below 5000. This will increase your chances of getting admission.
Que 9. What is the GATE cutoff for Biotechnology at IIT?
Ans 9. General – 35.5, OBC- 31.9, SC/ST/PWD – 23.6
Que 10. Is maths compulsory for IIT JAM Biotechnology?
Ans 10. Indeed, you can appear for the JAM exam to pursue MSc in Biotechnology even if you have yet to study Mathematics in your earlier classes. However, studying Biology in your 11th and 12th grades is mandatory to qualify for the course.
However, this article covers all the essential aspects of the IIT JAM Biotechnology Exam. But you may have some more queries regarding the exam, so you can always post them in the comments section below.
We will always be there to help you with your doubts. We also have our online VedPrep App that will help you with your doubt solution. Happy preparing aspirants!