For many of the students or graduates of BTech, there is always a question that comes to their mind- how difficult is IIT JAM for BTech students compared to BSc students? Many people merely write IIT JAM, although there are multiple papers in JAM (Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Mathematical Statistics, Geology, etc.).
It’s not like IIT JEE when everyone takes the same form with the same syllabus. In that regard, IIT JAM is similar to GATE. Btech students can register for JAM and study MSc.
There are many who earned their bachelor’s degree in Engineering Physics from IITM and wanted to pursue a Ph.D. in Physics; thus, they can pick MSc Physics at IITK.
The program you choose will determine your career path, and the program you choose will determine its eligibility requirements. For example, to study MSc Statistics at IITK, you should have statistics as a topic in your bachelor’s degree for four semesters.
It is conceivable at some institutes, such as IITK, by select open electives, but it is doable at other IITs. In contrast, the MSc Economics program at IITR entails completing one mandatory mathematics course during your bachelor’s degree. And one must appear for the same paper for both systems like IIT JAM Mathematical Statistics.
So, while you are free to take any JAM paper, you will only be able to enroll in a course if you meet the course’s qualifying requirements.
And the job paths vary depending on the method. However, most of the programs will only lead to a research-based profession. However, please don’t dismiss it; students have the opportunity to study at some of the world’s most outstanding colleges.
What is IIT JAM?
The majority of individuals are unaware of this exam. However, more than 55000 people attempt this exam each year to gain admission to the top IITs and NITs. IIT JAM is the short form for the Indian Institute of Technology: Joint Admission Test for Master of Science.
The Joint Admission Examination (JAM) is a national admissions test organized by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and the Indian Institutes of Science (IISc). This exam allows applicants to apply for admission to the master’s degree program.
An applicant must meet the following conditions to apply for the top IIT MSc entrance exam:
- Regarding General/OBC (NCL) category students, the cumulative marks or CGPA/CPI should be 55 percent or 5.5 out of 10 in the qualifying degree, and 50 percent or 5.0 out of 10 for SC/ST Physically disabled category candidates.
- All applicants accepted through JAM must have a bachelor’s degree.
How to prepare for IIT JAM?
To answer this question, let us get back to Ms. Shruti, who appeared in the examination in the year 2017. As per Ms. Shruti, “I took the IIT JAM PHYSICS test in 2017, and I’d like to share my perspective with you. So, follow the procedures below for a good jam preparation.
- First, get a book like Samvedna Publications containing combined (seven paper) problems with solutions.
- Because the Jam physics syllabus includes inter syllabus, read the inter book and understand the basic theory thoroughly.
- Improve your ability to solve problems on each topic by purchasing a practice setting like the Arihant publishing IIT jam physics practice set.
I’d want to discuss a few key points from each physics paper at IIT Jam. More questions on these topics are likely to be asked in the exam. FOURIER SERIES, Matrices, and Arithmetic of Complex Numbers are examples of mathematical methods.
- Core force, the moment of inertia, and gravitational low are the Mechanics and general properties of matter.
- Traveling and standing waves, wave velocity and group velocity, echocardiographic effect, light diffraction, and polarization are all topics in oscillation, wave, and optics.
All subjects in electric and magnetic fields are essential in this paper.
Laws of thermodynamics – Free energy, number of degrees of freedom, Basic law of thermodynamics and Fractal dimension, Thermodynamical potential, and problems on adiabatic and adiabatic formulas are covered in kinetic theory.
The Schrodinger equation (calculations of energy of a given state, wavelength, dimensional box problems) is the most crucial topic in current physics. Therefore, I recommend solving all types of questions relating to the Schrodinger equation, radioactivity, and particular theory of general relativity.
Electronics device, solid-state physics – This paper was easy for me because I am an electronics student. Still, I recommend that you study all of the parts of the paper since this portion is indeed straightforward.
I only read five papers. However, you must always remember that if you attend any online preparation service, you will reap significant benefits.”
What is the difficulty level of IIT JAM?
Now comes the most challenging part. How difficult is IIT JAM for BTech students compared to BSc students? Is it particularly tough for students who pursued Bachelor of Science? Or, is it difficult for students who have pursued a Bachelor of technology? Can it be a bit easier for any of the stream students?
Your level of planning determines the difficulty level of the questions. Those questions whose answers you know pretty well but for which you have no idea appear to be complicated.
Someone else may find the question you find difficult to answer. As a result, thinking about the difficulty level of questions is entirely irrelevant. So, what are your options? These may be your inquiries.
This predicament is why such questions arise and how to cope with them. This becomes a real struggle. Although students need to put in a lot of effort, hard work, and dedication, a bit of loss of confidence ruins the preparation.
Many of the student’s queries for the subject co-related to the IIT JAM.
Which subject is better in that sense?
According to another aspirant, who successfully cleared the IIT JAM examination, said- “Math will be a superior alternative for you in terms of scope. The majority of industries require mathematicians.
Moreover, statistical math is in great demand these days. As a result, if you are comfortable with arithmetic, you should choose it. IIT’s M.Sc. math program will be extremely beneficial to you.”
As per the seniors, “Math is the strongest suit to appear for this admissions test, according to students who have taken the IIT JAM exam for entrance to a Master’s degree in Science. Mathematics is a subject that attracts a lot of attention.
You can take mathematics for the JAM exam if you have a high understanding and precision in this subject.”
What are the career opportunities after clearing IIT JAM?
IIT JAM is one of the most desired entrance exams for admission to the Indian institutes of technology, NITs, and other Centrally Sponsored Technological Institutions’ MSc programs or other postgraduate degree courses.
Every year, several of the IITs hosts the IIT-JAM exam, which attracts thousands of candidates. The strong employment prospects on offer are among the grounds that lots of students enroll for IIT JAM.
Graduates who have finished their postgraduate education at India’s best technical colleges have access to prestigious institutions and employers.
If you’re also taking the IIT JAM, but are worried about your job prospects after graduation, then put your fears to rest. After completing your postgraduate studies, you can pursue a career in various fields.
Below are among the most exciting employment options available to you when you complete your doctoral studies: –
After earning an M.Sc. in Physics from IIT, your options are as follows: Graduates of IITJAM’s MSc in Physics program might pursue careers in research and education. Graduates who pass the CSIR Net Exam are also eligible to work as Assistant Professors in colleges. Other job possibilities include laboratory work, aerospace engineering, and technology.
After earning an M.Sc. in Biotechnology from IIT, your options are as follows: With the increasing demand for qualified biotech specialists in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries, IIT JAM students with an MSc in Biotechnology might find a profitable career in these domains.
After receiving an M.Sc. in Biological Sciences from IIT, your options are as follows: A MSc in Biological Sciences will be practical if you work in the medical industry, biomedical research, laboratories, or hospitals. In addition, after passing the CSIR NET Exam, you can work as a postdoctoral researcher.
After completing a master’s degree in geology, your options are endless. After earning your MSc in Geology, you’ll have various exciting job options. Volcanologist, geologist, and meteorologist, among other occupations, are among the most appealing.
Bachelor of Science versus bachelor of technology
Here, we will discuss the comparison of BSc and BTech degrees in detail. How difficult or easy does it become for students planning to appear for IIT JAM?
True, we have not yet been able to overtake China in the medal count of just about any Olympic games since independence, but one area in which we have surpassed China is in the production of engineers.
BTech is unquestionably one of the most well-known bachelor’s degrees in the world, and it carries a lot of weight. And with the appropriate strategy and commitment, you can accomplish great things in a short amount of time.
In India, however, the median number of employed students is lower than the total percentage of students. Who is accountable for all of this? What is the Indian Educational System? The lack of knowledge, which affects pupils and their parents, could be the answer.
Most students aspire to attend an IIT, also known as the Indian Institute of Technology, when it comes to BTech. This is because it is the best college in the country when it comes to getting a BTech degree.
Yes, you read that correctly. But did you know that you can appear to IIT following your BSc? Yes, you can use all IITs, NITs, and other cities by preparing for and taking the IIT JAM Exam.
According to Mr. Dhiman, “It all relies on what you need to get out of life. It would be best always to give your interest the priority it deserves. If you’ve always wanted to follow a specific branch of engineering, then B. Tech is the way to go. If you’re unsure about your options, you’ll need to make an educated decision.
- If you want to study for UPSC Public Services Exam, SSC Railway Exam, SSC – CGL Exam, Banking PO, or Bank Administrative Exam, then Bachelor of Sciences is the way to go. After you’ve been accepted into BSc, you should enroll in a coaching program for these exams and study alongside your college.
- If you want to work in a technical field once you finish your degree, B. Tech is the way to go. However, if you’re going to be almost certain of a job, go for degrees that are in great demand. Computer Science and Technology, Information Technology, and Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering are examples of such fields.
- However, you should be careful while selecting a college. Make the best possible decision for the college where you will pursue your engineering degree. Before making a decision, please make sure you consider the college’s placement statistics, location, companies that visit the campus, distance from your home, and reputation. If you want to go to the best college possible, you can study for JEE-Main by skipping a year of high school.
- If you want to study Electronics & Telecommunication Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Civil Engineering to prepare for Engineering Services (the same rank as IAS), here are the courses to pursue.
- If you want to work for PSUs or the government, you should study B. Tech and prepare for GATE alongside your college.
- The financial requirements for the two programs are vastly different. If you are strapped for money, you should consider studying B. Sc. and preparing for exams such as SSC-CGL, IBPS, and others.”
While concluding this blog, we would showcase the suggestion of Mrs. Srivastava, an expert from a renowned university, about can a Btech graduate appear for IIT JAM? Or, how difficult is IIT JAM for BTech students compared to BSc students? According to her, “Yes.
You are free to take the exam. If you pass JAM with a good score, you will have a minor issue in the IISc interview. At the same time, you can easily get into IIT if you qualify for IIT JAM with a double cutoff score.
IISc’s Physics and Mathematics department is outstanding, and highly qualified academics will quiz you. The majority of them have earned their doctorates from a foreign university. Pure mathematics, physics, and chemistry questions may boggle your mind because the Engineering syllabus ignores the core and complexity of these areas.”