UGC NET 2023 is an important exam for all the aspirants who wish to pursue Fellowship or Lectureship. The National Eligibility Test (NET) opens the doors of teaching careers for all Post Graduate students. This year’s UGC NET examination will be held in June and the registrations for the same have already started. This blog covers every single detail that a UGC NET 2023 aspirant should know. So keep reading to understand the exam standing between you and your career goals.
UGC NET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
There are different criteria for different types of candidates who want to register for the UGC NET 2023 examination. Let’s go through all the criteria and see if you’re eligible to appear for the examination.
- A candidate must possess a Masters or equivalent degree to register for the examination.
- The General and ESW category candidates need to have a minimum score of 55% in their concerned subjects. Whereas SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD need to have a minimum score of 50% in their concerned subjects.
- Final year students pursuing their Post Graduation can also register for the UGC NET 2023 examination. However, these students can only apply for provisional allotments and they will only be eligible for JRF or Lectureship after the completion of their Post Graduation.
- Candidates applying for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) should not be older than 30 years. However, there’s an age relaxation of up to 5 years for SC, ST, OBC-NCL, PwD, Third Gender, and Woman Candidates.
- There is no upper age limit to apply for the position of Assistant Professor.
- SC students are eligible for National Fellowship based on the merit of UGC NET JRF or CSIR NET JRF (2023).
UGC NET 2023 Registrations
The registration window for UGC NET 2023 examination was opened on 10th May 2023. Eligible candidates can register for the examination through the official UGC NET website.
The registration window will close on 31st May(5 PM) after which the payment portal will close on 1st June. The correction window will open from 2nd to 3rd June for applicants to correct any mistakes in their registration forms.
The registration fee for different category applicants is as follows:
|General / Unreserved||₹1150|
|Gen-EWS / OBC-NCL||₹600|
|SC / ST / OBC / PwD / Third Gender||₹325|
How To Register For UGC NET 2023
- Go to UGC NET’s official website https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/
- Scroll down and click on UGC-NET JUNE 2023
- Click on new registration and register yourself
- After registration, fill in your application number and password
- Fill in the essential details and make your payment.
- Feed in the OTP and done.
Note: You might face an OTP issue but you need not worry as the issue is being resolved by the authorities.
UGC NET 2023 Exam Pattern
The UGC NET examination consists of two papers, Paper-1 and Paper-2. Each question in both papers carries 2 marks each with no negative marking for wrong answers.
Paper 1: The UGC NET Paper 1 is a general aptitude exam which tests the Teaching & Research aptitude of candidates. The Paper consists of 50 questions with a total of 100 marks.
Paper 2: The UGC NET Paper 2 is a domain-specific paper which focuses on the subjects chosen by the candidates. There are a total of 83 subjects to choose from for each candidate. The paper 2 consists of 100 questions accounting for 200 marks with no negative marking for wrong answers.
|Paper 1||Paper 2|
|No. Of Questions||50||100|
UGC NET 2023 Important Dates
|Registration Window||10th – 31st May|
|Registrations Closing Date||31st May (5 PM)|
|Last Fee Payment||1st June|
|Correction Window||2nd – 3rd June|
|City Intimation Slip||First week of June|
|Exam Date||13 – 22 June|
|Admit Card Release||2nd week of June|
|Result Declaration||Not announced yet|
We hope this blog was helpful for you all. We’d suggest all the candidates to register for the examination as soon as possible. With the exam just around the corner, you should focus even more on your revision and do your absolute best in the examination.